Here is the end result of months of hard work, loads of help from some wonderful people and a heap of fun. I also need to give a thanks to Kabir Rajbhandary for his amazing Photography. We had a great day in the studio. If you need any photos you can contact him at https://www.facebook.com/kabirrphotography/?fref=ts
If you're interested in following the next project check out the 1989 KR1 250 B2 Custom...
If you install an R1 Master Cylinder youlll need a brake fluid reservoir. Make sure you know what you are buying because messing with any braking system could prove hazardous to your health. Ive purchased sub-standard products online before and seen things like brake hoses sweating out DOT4 fluid and reservoirs melting where you would check the fluid level. I'd recommend a hose from a genuine agent (Yamaha, Kawasaki, Honda or Suzuki etc.).
Lynette Orzlowski is as an Equine Artist who also specialises in airbrush artwork. We couldn’t think of anyone more talented to help us out with this project. If you need any work done or want airbrush training you can contact her at: http://www.orzlowski.com.au/
When it comes to exhausts I like them to not only sound beastly but also pack in some extra punch. My partner knows me all too well and surprised me by having Yamaha fit a full Yoshimura R-77 system on my bike for Christmas. The trapezoidal shaped carbon end really does the bike justice with stainless headers, rivets and bands.
I've got an awesome PDF Installation procedure from Yoshimura Research and Development and waiting to hear back from them to see if I can post and share it with everyone.
The bars were a real fiddle to install with the original brake fluid reservoir causing the brake and throttle cables to stick. This wasn't a bad thing as it drove the project into new territory of replacing the master cylinder with a stock Front Brembo Brake Master Cylinder from a Yamaha R1 (04 - 08).
In the excitement I purchased temporary risers (seen in this image) while I waited for the OEM FZ8 replacements. With everything back together the mirrors looked awfully out of place and also needed tobe replaced.
Eventually I found a company in Ohio (some distance from Melbourne) who fabricated a set of bars for me (Sadly they no longer make them). When the new brushed stainless steel bars arrived I realized that the standard FZ1N risers were too high. I managed to get a set of risers from a Yamaha FZ8 that are roughly half the height and fit perfectly.