The exhaust was in bad condition. (1) The header pipe's paint was faded with some minor pitting from the sandpit accident while (2) the Can is full of scratches, pitted and needs TLC.
I had the header pipes sandblasted for $40 and then hit it with some VHT paint - a can and a half. I left the pipe outside in the sun for a few days to cure - nothing a couple of 40 degree days can't sort out.
The next thing will be the Can (See Pictures), but I am unsure if I'm going to paint it or try to get the pits out... will let you know soon. Read more about Exhaust..ing
Well, I don't know why I took so long to get to painting the frame as I enjoyed it, and it came out a lot better than I expected. In fact, working with 2-pak was not as hard as I thought it would be - it was easier than acrylic ... The silver also has a great metallic look.
Well I thought I did a good job with mounting the clocks, they are set on rubber grommets which should reduce vibrations. With the help of Alan next door we wipped up the bracket from some metal which was lying around.
When I go on my welding course I should be able to craft more sophisticated brackets and stuff.
Yes I told you they now work. Next steps will be to finalise:
1.mounting the clocks on rubber gromets
2.Paint the brackets holding the light
3.Connect the front and rear indicator.
4.Prepare and paint the body work
7.Go for a ride! Read more about Next steps will be to finalise: